A Map of the Apollo Landing Sites on the Moon
Apollo 11- Sea of Tranquility
Apollo 12- Ocean of Storms
Apollo 14- Fra Mauro
Apollo 15- Hadley-Appenine
Apollo 16- Descartes Mountains
Apollo 17- Taurus-Littrow
Bought our Samsung Smart TV two months ago, now it’s showing popup ads for apps and services. To clarify: what you see is my Apple TV in the ‘background’ (running a photo screensaver) and a Samsung ad for Yahoo Broadcast Interactivity popping up on top of my Apple TV.
A POPUP AD ON MY TV.
Under no circumstances, scenarios, case studies, fictional situations, or boardroom fantasies is this acceptable. None. No, if you think you have an argument or a circumstance under which these ads are acceptable, you are wrong and there’s a great chance you are not a very good person.
Best part so far: I couldn’t use Samsung’s clunky touchpad remote to uncheck the “prompt me for interactive features” option, and now I can’t find the “SyncPlus App” in the Smart Hub to shut them off. I could be missing it, but so far it’s just not there, and these options aren’t anywhere in Settings.
This is unbelievable.
I found the SyncPlus app for shutting off these ads, but I had to search the store to do it (I added a second photo of the app to this post for posterity). I triple checked, but SyncPlus doesn’t show under my installed apps. I could run it from the store search page, so I shut off the ads, let’s see how that goes. This is incredibly sketchy.
I had the same thing happen on my new Smart TV a couple nights ago. Thankfully, I was able to find the SyncPlus app fairly easily and disable the setting, but in what universe can this be considered acceptable? Bad form, Samsung.
Happy Perihelion! (January 4)
Today the Earth is at perihelion, the point in its oval orbit when it’s closest to the Sun. At that time, Earth passes 1.7% closer than average.
Therefore the Sun today looks a tiny bit bigger than usual, as you can see in this telescopic view comparing it at 2010/2011’s perihelion and aphelion. By eye, though, you’d never notice the difference. (Image source)
Tomorrow’s forecasted low is -20°F. Quite the paradox.
2012 Season Wrap Up
I’ll post a more detailed look at 2012 soon, but here are the end of season highlights.
- Finished seventh on the MGA Player of the Year points list.
- Selected to represent Minnesota at the USGA Men’s State Team Championship alongside Andy Jacobson and Matt Schneider. Quite an honor!
The Summer So Far - 2012 Edition
It’s hard to believe the bulk of the summer tournament season is over already. It feels like it was just a month ago that we were putting a peg in the ground for the first time. Here are my 2012 Tournament Results (as of July 23rd), highlighted by my runner-up finish in the Mid-Players and T5 finish at the State Amateur:
- Minnesota Golf Champions, Minneapolis Golf Club - T15
- MGA/PGA Cup Matches, Woodhill Country Club - MGA def. PGA 24-16
- MGA Mid-Players, Dakota Ridge Golf Club - Runner up
- MGA Players, Windsong Farm - Round of 32
- MGA Amateur Championship, Hastings Country Club - T5
- Minnesota State Open, Bunker Hills Golf Club - T52
Future events (subject to change):
- Midwest Cup, Hastings Country Club - Aug. 3-5
- US Mid-Amateur Qualifying, Minnetonka Country Club - Aug 7
- MGA Four Ball (with Jordan Hawkinson), Chaska Town Course - Aug. 20-22
- Lyle Cran Memorial Shortstop, Stillwater Country Club - Sep. 1-3
- MGA Mid-Amateur Championship, Midland Hills and Town & Country - Sep. 17-19